Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Autumn lessons

I just love this time of year and this year we have dug into canning and freezing more than we have in the past. I was so hoping to have the pantry shelves full of goodies in preperation for a long cold winter!

So far we have Applesauce and Applebutter,

Squash relish,



Bread and Buttered Pickled beans,

Bread and Butter Pickles



I tried two different recipe's for the pickles and I have to admit, mine are better. I bought a package dealy where the ingrediants were all mixed in already all I had to do was add the pickling cukes and nope, I don't like it as well as the do it yourself (add your own spices) thing!
Then there are a few jars of Dilly Beans.

I do plan on canning a few other items and so far in the freezer we have Zuccini, Apples, and Zuccini Bread. I have dried about 10 pounds of apples in the dehydrator but those go about as fast as I can dry them hahah.
I hope you all are having a bountiful harvest too and preserving some of it for the winter months. It is so satisfying and a dying art!
Happy Harvest Ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment